Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Savings


COLORADO TIPS ON DRUGSTORE DEALS FOR THE WEEK OF OCT.25, PLUS COUPON SPREADSHEET
Walgreens: Robitussin To Go, Chapstick Fresh Effects, Dulcolax Balance, Beano to Go and Super Poligrip are all FREE through Register Rewards. Tip: I found the Robitussin near the registers, not in the medicine aisle.
Rite Aid: GE 2-pack light bulbs after FREE through the Single Check Rebate program. Vaseline Sheer Infusion body lotion is $.99 through SCR, or FREE with the $1 coupon from the 10/18 Red Plum newspaper insert. Kotex pads, tampons or liners are also $.99 through SCR. There are Kotex coupons from the 10/4 SmartSource insert, but you have to buy two products. If you got this route, with the SCR and coupon you can get 2 for $.99-1.25 each.
This week I am adding a new feature to Sunday Savings -- my coupon spreadsheet. One tab has coupons just from this week's paper, the other tab has all coupons since Sept. 20. While I haven't clipped all these coupons, I do use this spreadsheet as a quick way to see if there is a coupon out there on an item I want. For example, I used the auto filter to go to "V" and quickly find that there was a coupon for the Vaseline lotion on sale at Rite Aid. I try to point out when there are good coupon matches to sales, but usually only search the things I am interested in. I don't like anything seafood related so you'll never find me looking to see if there is a Starkist tuna coupon. So, if Starkist is on your grocery list, now you can check for yourself to see if there are additional savings to be had. I hope it helps!
The photo shows my freebies from the previous week. Quantity is smaller than usual, but I definitely think the items are quality, with a few of them retailing for $10+. I like FREE better!
Please leave me a comment if you like the coupon spreadsheet. Or, please share how you organize your coupons!

1 comment: